Prince Edward Island

Prince Edward Island


     Candidates who are eligible to enter the Express Entry pool and are interested in living and working in Prince Edward Island may express their interest in applying to the PEI PNP Express Entry Stream. Candidates for this stream must be eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs managed through the Express Entry system.  

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • Canadian Experience Class
  •  If the candidate is currently living and working legally in PEI;
  • If the candidates has strong family connections to PEI through a parent, sibling, aunt or uncle. The relative must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who has been living in PEI for at least one year;
  • If the candidate has at least one year of full-time work experience in PEI in the last 10 years;
  • If the candidate has completed at least two years of studies in PEI in the last 10 years;
  • If the candidate owns residential property or a business in PEI;
  • If the candidate has experience working in an area that has a skill shortage in PEI  (the province has not provided a list of such occupations); and/or
  • If the candidate has a job offer from a PEI employer in a high-skilled position. (The employer must show efforts they attempted to fill the position locally before offering the job to the candidate.)

The PEI Office of Immigration states that the following factors can increase a candidate's chances of being nominated by the province.

Canada Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) Immigration

Federal Skilled Worker applications are assessed based on an applicant's ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.
  • Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill lever 0, A or B); or
  • Qualify for Arranged Employment In Canada with a Labor Market Impact Assessment and a full-time, permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; and
  • Pass a minimum threshold of language ability in one of Canada's two official languages, English or French.
  • In addition, Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants must obtain at least 67 points based on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) immigration selection factors.
  • Education: Candidates can be awarded up to 25 points for your formal education.
  • Language Skills: Candidates can be awarded up to 28 total points (24-first official language, 4 second official language).
  • Work Experience: Under this factor, candidates can be awarded up to 15 points for certain paid, skilled work experience that they have acquired in the last 10 years, but they must attain at least a score of 9 points in order to qualify.
  • Age: Candidates can be awarded up to 12 points based on their age at the time of applying.
  • Arranged Employment: Candidates can be awarded up to 10 points if they have arranged employment in Canada that meets certain requirements.
  • Adaptability: Candidates can be awarded up to 10 points for a number of factors that show that they are adaptable to moving to Canada.
Federal Skilled Trades Class applications are assessed based on an applicant's ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.
Eligibility Criteria

  • Have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body;
  • Provide proof of basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization, demonstrating that the applicant meets the minimum threshold set by the Minister — Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing;
  • Have obtained 24 months of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years; and
  • Be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
  • Major Group 72: industrial, electrical and construction trades,
  • Major Group 73: maintenance and equipment operation trades,
  • Major Group 82: supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
  • Major Group 92: processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
  • Minor Group 632: chefs and cooks, and
  • Minor Group 633: butchers and bakers.
 Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration category for Canada's foreign workers who wish to become permanent residents.

  • Have obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date; and
  • Meet or surpass a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 ("initial intermediate") or 7 ("adequate intermediate proficiency"), depending on the level of the job; and
  • Plan to live and work outside of the province of Quebec (individuals with work experience in Quebec and who plan to reside in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class).

 Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible for Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Federal Skilled Worker applicants must:
Those selection factors are listed below. Click each factor to learn more information:

Canada Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)

In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Federal Skilled Trades applicants must:
Skilled Trades currently eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades Class fall into the following general categories of the NOC:

CEC requirements

Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. They must: 
Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.

The Canadian Experience Class requirements are based on a pass or fail model. If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant is eligible to enter the Express Entry pool.

Note: Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.


1.      Passport copies of self, spouse, & children (Receipt required if applied for passport.
2.      Proof of Birth: Self, spouse, children     
3.      Proof of marriage: Marriage Certificate.
4.      Proof of Education: Diploma/Degree Certificate, mark-sheets, transcripts (Applicant and           spouse)
5.      Proof of Experience: All documents like Appointment letter, experience letter & others
      (Applicant and Spouse)
6.      Current Detailed Resume for self and spouse.
7.      Photographs: Min.6 Photos, size 35x45 matte finish, white background.
8.      Other relevant documents as asked and demanded.
9.      Initial Consulting Retainer Fees in the form of bank draft payable to“ OM                   

Post a Comment


Welcome To OM International, India's Leading Study Abroad & Immigration VISA Consultancy Company

Welcome To OM International, India's Leading Study Abroad & Immigration VISA Consultancy Company
Global Immigration, Students, Visitor, Business & WORK Visa Consultants